[WikiEN-l] Re: Violation of Blocking Policy

Jeff Heikkinen jeff.h at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 17 20:00:17 UTC 2005

MAURICE FRANK wrote:
>>Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:47:28 +1000
>>From: Mark Gallagher
>><m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au>
>>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Re: Violation of Blocking
>>Policy
>>To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
> <432BCA10.6050306 at student.canberra.edu.au>

> charset=UTF-8
>
>>"Now, if you double-check [[WP:BLOCK]], you may find
>>that editors who
>>exhaust the patience of the community by
>
> demonstrating >an unwillingness
>
>>to work well with others ... may be blocked.
>>

> Throughout life, any policy of judging people by their
> success in working well with others, is a blank cheque
> for bullying and for it to win.

You know, this is the first intelligent thing I've seen you say.
However, it's still pretty much indispensible for a project like
Wikipedia, whatever its drawbacks. And considering the relatively high
level of tolerance Wikipedia has shown to social outcasts up to and
including Nazis and pedophiles, I really, really think you need to give
your head a shake if you think Wikipedia is especially bad in this regard.

> If the mob for its own
> reasons agrees not to work well with a targetted
> individual, the solitary victim gets the blame.
> Bullypedia proved conclusively.

This word, "prove", you use it so much. I do not think it means what you
think it means.

> and
> "In the cases where multiple parties violate the
>
>>rule, sysops should treat all sides equally."
>
> Wow, isn't this a revelation, after all the admin
> voices here who have denied there is any obligation to
> equality and said "You are not entitled to anything",
> and after my political purging was directly for the
> offence of arguing that any entitlements to equality exist.

And now you're right back to the sort of behaviour that contributed to
getting you perma-blocked... quoting out of context, crying victim at
every turn, accusing your opponents of some bizarre political agenda (as
opposed to asking you - in some cases far more nicely than you deserved
- to remove blatantly non-neutral material and cite sources, which is
what actually happened), lying your ass off about what Wikipedia's
policies are...