[WikiEN-l] Blocked

Brandon Hansen buhansen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 02:41:49 UTC 2005

I've recently been blocked and I feel it is unjustified and against policy.

This is how things went down:

   1. I added content to many WP articles using content from ON articles
   and subsequently cited the ON articles as references.
   2. These references were removed but the content left. I protested.
   3. A discussion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Uriah923/OmniNerd)
   was held to determine if the reference should be replaced and if content
   should remain. It was concluded that ON articles are not worthy of being
   used as references and that the content could remain. I conceded.
   4. I opened discussions on four Talk pages to determine if some ON
   articles could be included as external links. No links were placed.
   5. I was blocked by Taxman, citing linkspam and disruption.

The block certainly doesn't make sense to me, and it seems to be
specifically prohibited in the blocking policy, as Taxman was directly
involved in the dispute. Hopefully, someone will read this and be able to
objectively evaluate the circumstances. As I see it, WP has nothing to lose
from me being able to hold discussions on talk pages to determine if certain
external links are appropriate.

There are more details in a conversation I had with Taxman on my talk page.

--
-brandon
User Name: Uriah923