[WikiEN-l] Re: Criteria for deletion (was: Afd "votes" with no real reasons given)

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 17 01:27:27 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

>Ed Poor wrote:
>

>>Can users simply:
>>(1) Tag any article as "unmergeable" for a five-day period, to
>>(2) Force a vote on whether it should be kept or deleted?
>>

>You are quite correct. I've removed ", merge" from [[template:vfd]].
>Whoever put it there was on crack.

Thanks for doing that. I was a little surprised today when I discovered
that my attempt to boldly forge a compromise over a disputed deletion,
by merging [[Harry Potter trolling]] to [[Internet troll]], got reverted
- fortunately, in a polite and professional manner - on the grounds that
this kind of resolution is not allowed while the discussion is underway.

--Michael Snow