[WikiEN-l] Undeletion policy

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 00:50:31 UTC 2005

On 9/16/05, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely. I think more editors should use this method of appeal, since
> listing an article that can be seen and edited on a forum that requires a
> consensus to delete stands a far, far better chance of success than
> appealing for the undeletion of an article that most people cannot see and
> nobody can edit, and that requires a quorum and a majority vote to undelete.
>
> However this only highlights the absurdity of the extremely onerous VFU
> requirements. Taken alongside the worrying trend on VFU to deprecate the
> function of reconsidering the merits of neglected arguments, anyone would
> think we were trying to *avoid* remedying mistaken deletions.

A delete via VFD/AFD means in thoery that you have consensus to
delete. Another consenus should be needed to overturn this. Pure admin
descissions should be overtunable by any other admin (at least that is
the position I took back when I was the main inforcer of the 3RR.)

If what you say is correct then we have a problem over at VFU that it
is trying to apply thr same set of standards to two differnt
situations.~~~~

--
geni