[WikiEN-l] Re: Article deletion (proposed 1 month hiatus)

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 14 16:48:10 UTC 2005

geni wrote:

>On 9/14/05, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
>

>>He just said that he's not, at least when it comes to dealing with
>>copyright problems. You're the only one I've seen in this thread who's
>>suggesting that PWD would be used that way. Why can't VfD and CP use
>>different ways of deleting pages?
>>

>Because accuseing something of being a copyvio will become a lot more
>common rather than being a tectic of last resort.

I'm unable to follow the logic here. Why does this follow? And why would
it make a difference, since non-copyvios would be rejected by the CP
process anyway? If a page is a copyvio then it _should_ go on CP, if
it's not a copyvio then it shouldn't. The means used to remove the
articles don't matter.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tactic of last resort", either. Do you
mean that people who are dead-set on deleting an article will try
accusing it of being a copyvio if a VfD fails to remove it, even if it's
not? That's bad behavior, again regardless of the means used to remove
the articles.