[WikiEN-l] Images on user pages

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 02:46:32 UTC 2005

User pages have no copyright exemption. We should root out and destroy any
such examples, regardless of whether it'll piss people off (although we
should, obviously, try and be nice about it - in most cases, people aren't
trying to deliberately cause a problem).

There has been 'de facto' tolerance of unfree-with-permission images on user
pages; I think this should go, too. If you're not comfortable with putting
pictures of yourself, your family, your dog et al. under GFDL or another
compatible license, don't put them on Wikipedia even for your userpage.
After all, you could say 'Go to my personal web site for more info about
me', or something - links are perfectly fine.

-Matt