[WikiEN-l] Why changing the deletion process is a bad idea

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:53:32 UTC 2005

On 9/13/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> *People continuously criticize VFD/AFD but VFU rarely ever gets any
> requests. To me that says there's barely any stuff that actually needs
> to be undeleted.

The standard for undeletion on VFU is so high that a few dedicated
deletionists can block virtually all requests.  And the traffic there
is low enough that it's not difficult for those deletionists to do it.

Perhaps some inclusionists should flood VFU with articles and see if it helps.

I also think that there's a case to be made for bold undeletes,
disregarding any so-called consensus that might have arised on
VFD/AFD, when the "consensus" is clearly wrong.  In my opinion, an
admin can ignore AFD "consensus" when following it would harm the
encyclopedia.

Kelly