[WikiEN-l] Re: Cruft

Snowspinner Snowspinner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 14:38:23 UTC 2005

On Sep 11, 2005, at 5:01 AM, MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:

> OR? How so. I could say a lot of things about the box anyone going
> there could verify. No original research needed. Aren't articles about
> bus stops basicly the same?

"Anyone going there" is why it's original research. There's no
published source. The only way to verify the mailbox is to go to your
town and repeat your research on the mailbox.

It should also be noted that I, at least, consider lone websites to
not be verifiable. That is, if you created a website all about your
mailbox, I still wouldn't consider it verifiable, because it's too
ephemeral a source. Verifiability, to me, requires some degree of
permanence - multiple websites, or existence on a website that is
extremely unlikely to fold without a trace like an online peer
reviewed journal.

-Snowspinner