[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: One Where We Blew It

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:30:27 UTC 2005

"Alphax" <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:431EC855.9050406 at gmail.com...
> Phil Sandifer wrote:
>> On 9/6/05, Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
[snip]
> As for your love of [[Elf Only Inn]], I see that (as of 11:00 UTC, 7th
> September 2005]] you have made a grand total of ZERO edits to that
> article. Stop bitching about the fact that an article was deleted, and
> expand the thing.

As far I can see it, the problem is not that web-comic articles are being
deleted because the articles themselves are missing some vital ingredient:
they are being deleted because the subject fails to meet some arbitrary
external standard (Alexa, is that right?) which has not been demonstrated to
correlate with Wikipedia-style noteworthiness. So expanding the article will
do no good, because it has already been decreed that the subject thereof is
unworthy.

As with many other subject areas, the impression is given of a small clique
of "web-comic experts" who hover over AfD savagely rending any
web-comic-related articles unlucky enough to fall into their path. The
resultant mosh is what keeps me, and probably many others, from attempting
to join in the procedure.
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]