[WikiEN-l] Re: One Where We Blew It

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 7 09:09:46 UTC 2005

Snowspinner wrote

> And what on Earth does it mean to be notable outside its community?  For a
> webcomic to be notable outside its own fans? Outside of  webcomics fans in
> general?

I have no difficulty at all assenting to the idea that VfD can get it
wrong - happens daily, I imagine.  I think we should be concerned if any
area is treated with inherent prejudice, and this may be a prime example.

The way these points are posed, though, suggests weaknesses elsewhere.  If
there are awards, ratings, a community voice, document them on WP first.
That is, develop the supporting articles on webcomics, so that those
articles posted do not appear simply to be URLs in a vacuum of context.

Charles