[WikiEN-l] Quality tags

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 00:32:01 UTC 2005

On 9/6/05, Poor, Edmund W <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> * "accurate" (i.e. "I am personally convinced that Everything
> this article says is true and correct."

I don't want to start a thread about epistemology, but personally there are
NO articles where I am personally convinced that *everything* the article
says is true and correct (and by "true" and "correct", I don't even mean in
an ontological sense -- just the standard "this is what is generally thought
to be true" subjective sense). Even on the topics I know very well -- even
the articles I myself have written -- I would never consider my faith in an
article higher than "This article contains nothing which I know to be
blatantly incorrect, though it's always possible that various errors have
snuck in one way or another." Typos, thinkos, misinformed sources, etc. all
can lead to accidental and unintentional errors, much less ones deliberately
introduced for whatever reason. But there's little on my watchlist which I
think contains blatantly false information, which is something, at least...
just my two cents.

FF