[WikiEN-l] A matter of discretion in the wake of Katrina?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Sep 2 18:38:21 UTC 2005

Michael Turley wrote:

>In light of the Katrina disaster and the competing appeals for aid for the
>victims there, should we consider suspending the Wikimedia Foundation
>funding drive for a time?
>
>Or do we consider the two causes different enough that it should continue as
>scheduled?

Life goes on.  It is up to each individual to determine his own
priorities, and whether he wants to contribute to one or both or neither
cause.  Competing appeals have always and will always be there.  The
enormity of the Katrina disaster just happens to draw more publicity
than others of that type with smaller but more frequent footprints

Ec.