[Wikipedia-l] [WikiEN-l] Privacy policy and editing anonymously notice.

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:48:00 UTC 2005

> >As the Board have been rather slow with publicising the new privacy
> >policy, I have taken the step of adding a notice to the bottom of
> >[[MediaWiki:Copyrightstext]] on the English-language Wikipedia

I think including this information in the privacy policy and linking
every project to that would make more sense that putting people off
editing by having all this text on the actual edit page. Addressing
whether we should be publicly displaying these IPs forever might be a
better option than just trying to scare users into logging in. If the
privacy policy is linked, please link to the official version on
wikimediafoundation.org rather than to non-updated local copies.

Angela.