[WikiEN-l] Re: Pure Wiki Deletion

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:40:52 UTC 2005

Ryan Delaney wrote:

>It sounds to me like you just don't believe in the idea of a Wiki in
>general. I could make the exact same argument against letting anyone
>edit the article; the more persistent edit warrior always wins, so
>what's the point? If that's your view, we can't even have a discussion
>about this. But it makes me wonder why you are involved with Wikipedia
>at all. :\

Probably the single most damaging thing about AFD is that it
encourages participants to Assume Bad Faith. That's why it's a
poisonous pit so many of us don't wish to participate in. And that's
also why the rise in proceduralism over content.

Again, don't take my word for it. Read some of the discussions, see
the bad faith, see the personal attacks.

(I dont' mean geni, I mean VFD/AFD/VFU in particular.)

- d.