[WikiEN-l] Deletion again

Snowspinner Snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:09:17 UTC 2005

On Oct 25, 2005, at 4:14 AM, Alphax wrote:

> Before anyone says "not Nupedia again", I think content inclusion
> guidlines are actually an area that needs a bit of credentialism.

Another argument in favor, to my mind, is that even for experts,
citation takes time. Research is a non-trivial task. On an article,
this is fine - it's not a race, and citations and information can be
added whenever. Sooner is nice, eventually is acceptable.

Deletion debates, you have five days, assuming you notice it off the
bat. When you get stretches like we're getting with webcomics,
whereby huge strings of comics are nominated in a row, citation-based
article on a topic, it is absurd to demand that subject experts get
their work done in five days. Especially when we are so wedded to
process that a closed AfD is growing more and more impossible to
overturn.

-Snowspinner