[WikiEN-l] Checkuser fiasco

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:27:50 UTC 2005

On 10/19/05, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you give examples of RFA promoting bad admins lately? I don't just
> mean people you opposed, of course; but people who went on to
> misbehave. I genuinely don't know.

Ryan, I can think of three, and I don't mean people who I disagree
with for some reason, but who are in my view fundamentally unsuited,
two of whom went on to misbehave. It wouldn't be right to name them,
but it's worrying, and I feel I've noticed more of it lately. Voters
seem to think they need a reason to oppose someone, but not a reason
to elect them: the "no big deal" attitude.

I agree with everyone who's spoken out against IP addresses being
accessed on the basis of elections.

Sarah