[WikiEN-l] Friday's featured article

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 13:06:36 UTC 2005

--- Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Sounds like some kind of reverse April Fools.  Something perfectly true
> that nobody in his right mind would believe. I like that idea.

I also very much like this idea. But finding such oddball topics to write about
is hard enough. Finding enough to make them feature worthy is even harder. Then
there is the time and effort it takes to put the article through FAC.

So having an alternate Main Page at [[Wikipedia:April 1, 2005]] seems to be a
good thing to do as well. All the real hoaxes would go there and the stuff that
just looks like a hoax but is real content goes on the real Main Page.

-- mav