[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia blocked alongside "gambling, porn and other potential hazardous sites"

csherlock at ljh.com.au csherlock at ljh.com.au
Tue Mar 29 09:18:02 UTC 2005

Matt R wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:220.233.86.223#We_now_have_to_block_Wikipedia
>
> Amusing, but I thought I'd let people know. An anon has claimed, "I am in
> charge of 25K plus internet users in Australia and have decided to block the
> Wikipedia site through our routers." His reasons include a legal need to
> protect his customers from the net (yes, folks, WP is that sinister...).
>
> (The background to this is that this user was blocked a couple of weeks back
> for posting a user's personal information and insinuating threats (legal and
> otherwise) in a dispute about the [[Potter's House Christian Fellowship]]
> article. Presumably sour grapes -- and bluff, in all likelihood.)
>
> Matt
> -- [[User:Matt Crypto]]

Really? If he's done this, then please advise me of the ISP and I will
get in contact with them. If they are blocking at the router and killing
off access to their Internet customers then I will get on the phone to
their customer service division and talk to their management.

Incidently, I think it was I who blocked this nitwit (before I asked to
be desysoped). I actually told TimStarling what they had done and he
edited the revision to remove One Salient Oversight's personal information.

I don't think it's a bluff, for what it's worth. The user quite possibly
might be working for an ISP.

TBSDY