[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 20, Issue 134

Blair P. Houghton blair at houghton.net
Sun Mar 27 20:22:47 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:
>>From: "Blair P. Houghton" <blair at houghton.net>

>>Unreachable for anyone who's been blocked.  Without WikiEN-l people
>>could be "disappeared" by unscrupulous admins.
>
>There's been no evidence of "disappearing" being carried out by "unscupulous
>admins", and in any event controversial blockings can be brought to the
>attention of WikiEN-l, but WikiEN-l is not an investigatory body.

1.  Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence (except in the case
where the observer is omniscient over the system).

2.  WikiEN-l is the starting point for an investigation, and a venue of
recourse for discussing investigations gone wrong.  It is, de facto,
whatever it is at the time people write to it.

3.  Unless a forum is created elsewhere and publicized, it's the only
place blocked users can go, and they can only go there if they happen
across the directions to it, and can manage to understand the subscription
process (which ain't exactly a slam-dunk).

--Blair