[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia blocked alongside "gambling, porn and other potential hazardous sites"

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 27 15:43:49 UTC 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:220.233.86.223#We_now_have_to_block_Wikipedia

Amusing, but I thought I'd let people know. An anon has claimed, "I am in
charge of 25K plus internet users in Australia and have decided to block the
Wikipedia site through our routers." His reasons include a legal need to
protect his customers from the net (yes, folks, WP is that sinister...).

(The background to this is that this user was blocked a couple of weeks back
for posting a user's personal information and insinuating threats (legal and
otherwise) in a dispute about the [[Potter's House Christian Fellowship]]
article. Presumably sour grapes -- and bluff, in all likelihood.)

Matt
-- [[User:Matt Crypto]]