[WikiEN-l] Test case: policing content

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Mar 26 18:52:04 UTC 2005

Thomas Haws wrote:

>Yes, I personally would be even more patient.  That may not be the "right" answer, but my attitude is maybe I can 1) learn something from that "original researcher" 2) help him feel good about contributing to Wikipedia, and 3) show him by example how Wikipedia works at its best and what NPOV means.  As much as it hurts at times, I simply cannot afford to take excessive ownership in articles.

Patience is commendable.  But an effective POV warrior can depend on
that in the hope that your patience will turn to abandonment, and his
lack of sources will be forgotten.

Put in educational terms what you seem to be saying is, "Don't insist
that little Johnny learn anything because it might damage his
self-esteem."

Ec