[WikiEN-l] Re: Putting Wikipedia on a CD or DVD

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 05:43:38 UTC 2005

Tom Haws a écrit:
> Anthere wrote:
>
>> we have to admit that a big part of our content does not necessarily
>> fit the needs of some of the target people in these countries. And
>> what the associations I went in contact with insisted that they did
>> not want to just be handled a cd from west to use.
>

> Excellent post, Anthere.  And the above is right on.  I for one am not
> prepared to account for the consequences of distributing autofella...,
> etc. to school children.  I know this is a variation on an unpopular
> theme, but Mangus's Wikiratings need to come before a CD/DVD.
>
> Tom Haws

Hmmm, tough issue.

Another point recently mentionned... is that some editors think it is
not the role of the Foundation to distribute content and that we should
let other organisations do it. This will also solve the issue of legal
responsability. On the other hand, if other organisations are the legal
editors, how can we somehow get a benefit over the content distributed ?
Or should we get a benefit ?