3RR again (was Re: I have unblocked Blair P. Houghton. Re: [WikiEN-l] Unreasonable block of user Blair P. Houghton by adminCryptoDerk)

Tom Haws hawstom at sprintmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:00:43 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge wrote:

> If an editor has something to add that is not related to the war it
> will still be just as valid afte the lock-up period has ended.  Very
> little is of such immediate importance as to not survive the
> application of a little patience.
>
> Ec

Sigh.  Why is it that so often that obvious things like patience are the
answer?  Of course you are right.  But also keep in mind that the "harm"
in protecting pages relates not so much to active editors (both warriors
and peacefuls), but to casual passersby who see in a protected page that
they can't really "edit this page now".

Thus page protection really *is* anti-wiki even though it is a most
positive tactic (more positive than blocking a user) for peacemaking.

Tom