I have unblocked Blair P. Houghton. Re: [WikiEN-l] Unreasonable block of user Blair P. Houghton by adminCryptoDerk

Tom Haws hawstom at sprintmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:31:39 UTC 2005

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> I had to join this mailing list (which honestly I'd rather not have
> cluttering up my in-box) to get ANY communication with the community.

This seems somewhat self centered.  How do you think the list enjoys
being cluttered?  Yesterday was oh, so nice and quiet.  It is rather
disrespectful when users hijack the list for personal grievance airing.

> I was able to send "user email", but have as yet received zero
> response, and expected none from people whose intent was to railroad me.

I know that we have said we don't want to encourage shopping for
admins.  But in a case like yours, I think the best course of action is
to shop for an ombudsman admin rather than to take your personal
grievances to the list.  We need to do something to make this clear to
blocked users so this list doesn't continue to be bloated with
internecine bickering about wars that should be resolved on talk pages.

Tom Haws