I have unblocked Blair P. Houghton. Re: [WikiEN-l] Unreasonable block of user Blair P. Houghton by adminCryptoDerk

Blair P. Houghton blair at houghton.net
Wed Mar 16 17:00:16 UTC 2005

geni wrote:

>The 3RR was supported by comunity conmsensus. If you want to change it
>get another consensus

You don't "get consensus" in the way you "get a bunch of bananas from
the store."  You "get consensus" in the way you "get the joke."

Consensus isn't something you obtain, demand, husband, or cite.  It's
something that happens.

Consensus follows action.  To believe otherwise is to obviate the prime
directive of Wikipedia, which is to '''be bold'''.

The cooperative counterparts in a community of bold people are those who
accept the boldness of those who are right, regardless of the prior
consensus.

This concept of cooperation imbues every organization that relies on the
truth.  Ask Galileo sometime.  Or ask your 5th-grade science teacher why
you were taught about Galileo's legal problems. (Not that I think I'm
Galileo or these noobs are the Inquisition; but a boy's got to get out
the ''reductio ad absurdum'' sometimes to put a point across.)

--Blair