[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia referenced by SANS

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Mar 11 20:18:31 UTC 2005

Chad Perrin wrote:

> That's the lead-in to the purpose of the conference.  It seems like
> good news to see yet another recognized authority using Wikipedia to
> provide definitions of the terms for the foci of its trade.

This is a great thing, because it also showcases one of our strengths:
We're becoming an authoritative source for summaries of consensus
opinion.  A common way of doing that is to find a few authors who have
made statements, like "according to Foo, spyware is 'blah'; according to
Foo2, it's 'blah2'".  Wikipedia sort of collects and summarizes those
sorts of things for them.

(For our good articles anyway. :-)

-Mark