[WikiEN-l] Re: Scared of the arbcom? FEARE YE NOTT!

Ryan Wetherell bigwiki at earthling.net
Fri Mar 11 18:47:49 UTC 2005

> The '''Wikipedia Arbitration committee''' is [[Wikipedia]]'s final
> mechanism of [[m:dispute resolution]] process.
>
> ==History==
> In an effort to [[m:devolve power]], in early 2004 [[Jimbo Wales]]
> appointed 12 trust members
> of the Wikipedia community and tasked them with sorting out user disputes.
>
> Unfortunately, for the first year of its existance, the arbitration
> commitee was lambasted for being too slow and
> too feeble in its decisions. Following the vicious
> [[Wikipedia:Arbitration Committee Elections December 2004|2004
> elections]], the commitee's processes began to speed up and
> decisions became more decisive. Unfortunately, the commitee was
> then lambasted as being a [[witch hunt]] and for 'shutting people
> up'. ==See also==
> * [[Catch 22]]
> * [[No-win situation]]
>
> {{stub}}

This sounds an awful lot like a George W. Bush effect.  Bush was nothing but a stupid cowboy unfit to lead the USA, *but* he was SO wickedly smart that he tricked everybody into following him into a war only for Big Oil!

I love how the Arbitration Committee has gotten a better attitude and is now churning out real results at a faster pace.

--Merovingian