[WikiEN-l] Pulling even with NYT, breaking 100

Christopher Larberg christopherlarberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:12:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:17:28 +0000, Theresa Knott <theresaknott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most of these are handled using termplates. We could unprotect
> [[Template:In the news]] for example and keep the main page protected.
> This would stop the main page being moved but still allow non admins
> to make edits. Can templates be moved? it's only page moves that are
> too difficult to deal with by reverting.

That's how the situation was, until the goatse vandal struck a month
or so ago. He inserted the image into one of the templates and used
XHTML to force it to display over the whole Main Page. This occurred
during a server slowdown, to boot, so the image was in the Squids for
almost a half-hour before an admin's revert got through. Afterwards,
Raul654 protected all the templates and images linked on the Main
Page.

--Slowking Man