[WikiEN-l] Rules, expertise, and encyclopedic standards

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:23:35 UTC 2005

>From: Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net
>
>If we follow the severely restrictive approach to "original research" that
>some people are proposing our encyclopedia would be full of nothing but
>dumbed-down pap.

It's not a proposal, it's an existing policy, and, when applied, it is
helping save the encyclopedia from being a repository for crank theories and
arguments presented as fact.  The notion that it will somehow create an
encyclopedia filled with " nothing but dumbed-down pap" is a bald assertion
which has no basis in reality.

Jay.