[WikiEN-l] Rules, expertise, and encyclopedic standards

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:27:02 UTC 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:42:57 +0000, Abe Sokolov <abesokolov at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Wikipedia has a court reprimanding users for breaking the 3RR and making
> personal attacks. But it lacks an authority reprimanding users for
> chronically undermining Wikipedia's progress with original research, POV
> nonsense, and ungrammatical prose. My suggestion on Wikipedia:Forum for
> Encyclopedic Standards was an alternative arbitration committee with public
> credibility, composed of qualified encyclopedists who have the calhones not
> to edit anonymously.

Exactly right, and I can't think of a single reason that anyone would
want to oppose this. It wouldn't prioritize content over process, but
would simply put the two on a par, which is the right approach because
the two are inextricably linked. The content-related policies are
already in place; all we need is a committee able and willing to
enforce them.

Sarah