[WikiEN-l] I will be leaving the project

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 02:59:08 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> The largest reason, I think, why CoolCat's assertion did not help was
> that this user has been found to have violated copyright before.
> "Assume good faith until burned", I guess.

I've seen CoolCat repeatedly accused of copyright infringement but the
ones I've reviewed I've found that those accusations lacked substance.
 He's involved in one of the more contentious edit wars (Kurd issues
in Turkey) that we have running right now and there are some people
who will stoop to underhanded techniques to "win".  Apparently,
alleging copyright infringement is a very effective technique to
silence your opponents.  And it seems that we're playing right into
that strategy.

Kelly