[WikiEN-l] *shakes head*

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Jun 21 14:34:16 UTC 2005

> --- Rebecca <misfitgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have no idea why we tolerate this growing group of idiots
> who just
> > camp out on wikien-l and VFD with some sort of problem with
> authority.
> > I just saw one of them (who has barely made any edits to the main
> > namespace in the last fortnight) seriously suggest that
> admins should
> > be desysopped for as little as a snide remark. I'm getting
> really sick
> > of this.
>
> Then somebody will need to bring some cases against them to
> the ArbCom. If some users are causing trouble and
> contributing very little to the main namespace, then we
> should get rid of them. We need to ask this question of them:
> Does having them around help us toward our primary goal of
> creating the best encyclopedia possible? If not, then they
> are parasites/trolls that should be shown the door.
>
> -- mav

And also Michael Turley (user:Unfocused) wrote
> I '''sincerely''' think an admin should face a temporary penalty
> for as little as a snide remark.  Receive, perhaps not; face,
> absolutely.

I agree with all three of you, and (to paraphrase Abraham Lincoln in
another context), I am "willing to have the experiment tried on me".

>From now on, I shall endeavor to make no more snide remarks. I might be
silly. I may say something sarcastic - but not aimed at any person or
group. (Like the first sentence of this paragraph could sound silly or
sarcastic.)

I've been sloppy. I've been careless. I have *NOT* considered the
feelings of others ANYWHERE nearly well enough. I'm taking Rebecca and
Daniel's word's to heart. In my terms, I see them as a call to
repentance.

If others join me, and it starts a trend, all the better. Maybe it will
even become policy. Who knows?

Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed