[WikiEN-l] Two simple steps to make me go away

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Jun 16 00:15:27 UTC 2005

Jane Halliwell (hundredpurses at hotmail.com) [050616 08:21]:

> 1) Rather than suffer through continued slurs of sockpuppetry, I formally
> request a proper investigation. I want an IP check and I want the admins to
> respect the results.

As one of the poeple who performs such checks (and I get so many requests
for them and the consensus on what I should be able to check is presently
sufficiently unclear that I only do stuff conceivable AC-related, which
this isn't), I can tell you - and anyone who's read [m:CheckUser]] should
also realise - that a lack of IP match would not disprove a thing. Not
having an IP match is pathetically easy to arrange. As such, I'm formally
telling you "no", and admins wouldn't have anything to respect even if
there wasn't a match.

- d.