[WikiEN-l] Deletion lag times

Stephen Adair swadair at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 06:05:07 UTC 2005

Is anyone else having terrible lag times when trying to delete
articles?  Quite a while back I noticed that if I don't get the
confirmation screen within three seconds, I won't get it at all.  If
it takes longer than three seconds, what will happen instead is that
it eventually times out and I get a message that the Wikipedia server
didn't respond to the request.  Usually, when the first try doesn't
get a response within three seconds, I'll click stop and re-click
confirm.  The deletion usually occurs on the second or third try.

Tonight has been horrible.  I must have tried at least 15 times before
I was able to delete [[Dermapigmentation]] (content was "tasha").  So
far I've managed to delete three articles listed on
[[Category:Candidates for speedy deletion]] but the rest of them are
going to sit there.  It is too much trouble trying to delete because
of the horrible lag / time-out issue.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Stephen W. Adair
User:SWAdair