[WikiEN-l] The (ab)use of disclaimers

disclist at dapyx-soft.com disclist at dapyx-soft.com
Sat Jul 23 20:21:35 UTC 2005

There is a consensus (claimed by [[User:Theathenae]] in [[Talk:Macedonian
denar]]) that every article where the name of the [[Republic of
Macedonia]] is used, should include this disclaimer in a "note" section:

<<
==Note==

* The use of the terms Republic of Macedonia and Macedonian(s) throughout
this article is not meant to imply an official position on the naming
dispute between Athens and Skopje. See Foreign relations of the Republic
of Macedonia#Naming_dispute_with_Greece,
Republic_of_Macedonia#Naming_Dispute and United Nations Resolution 817
(1993)

(see it at [[Macedonian denar]])

I think this is a bad precedent. I wonder how long it would be until other
disputed names would get the same kind of disclaimer.