[WikiEN-l] Re: Plagiarism Policy, was A Missing Policy

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:51:10 UTC 2005

On 7/19/05, Haukur Þorgeirsson <haukurth at hi.is> wrote:

> As for a bio-article boiled out of 4-5 online
> obituaries I don't think listing those as references
> will be terribly useful. Typically half of them
> will be inaccessible after a couple of months.
> It doesn't hurt to mention them, though, perhaps
> on the talk page if you feel they won't be useful
> to the reader on the article page.

If half of them will be inaccessible after a couple of months, then I
think that is even more reason to include all of them as references.
Otherwise, you run the risk of choosing the "wrong" references and
having none to refer to later.  Until and if Wikipedia ever adds a
"references page" for each article, I believe references are "article
page" items, not "talk page" items.  (Although as I previously
mentioned, I'd rather have them below the categories rather than
above.)

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused