[WikiEN-l] Re: more active censorship

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun Jul 3 18:50:46 UTC 2005

Phil Sandifer wrote:
> I've just blocked myself to check on how this process works. Among
> other things, the page includes the following line:
>
> "If you need to see the wiki text of an article, you may wish to use
> the Export pages feature." Export pages is a live link.
>
> So the GFDL problems are nil.

That may, strictly speaking, fulfill the requirements of the GFDL
(indeed you could also use &action=raw&ctyle=text/css if you're techy),
but it is the completely wrong approach by all principles of UI design
and user expectation. (Notice especially that you admitted that, in
order to see that link, you have to have your block renewed again...)

Timwi