[WikiEN-l] Re: Thoughts on the process of requesting adminship

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sat Jul 2 12:48:32 UTC 2005

BJörn Lindqvist wrote:

> Enter a channel with 50 users whereof 10 are administrators. Say "fuck".
> Enter a channel with 50 users whereof 5 are administrators. Say "fuck"
> and observe what happens.
>
> Assuming both channels are English language channels, in which channel
> are you more likely to get kicked/banned from? That's right - the one
> with 10 administrators!

Have you tested this empirically? I would have thought otherwise. I
would have thought that if there are 10 ops in the channel, the channel
is generally more liberal than if there are only 5. How else did the 10
people become op?

According to your logic, en-Wikipedia (with 500 admins) should be a lot
more strict.

Personally, I think the correlation is exactly the other way than you
are suggesting, but other than my intuition and experience, I have no
empirical data to base this on.

Timwi