[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-L needs dailing posting limits

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Tue Feb 22 22:02:38 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge said:
> Fred Bauder wrote:
>
>>A digest contains ALL the crap. It is much easier to identify and
>>delete spam based on author. However spam of the volume we are
>>receiving degrades the dialog. So the topic itself must serve as a
>>rough guide to theads which have become senseless and useless.
>>
> That, and if you want to reply to one item in the thread it's more
> complicated than a simple reply.

I don't want to seem rude since I'm the one supposedly causing all the
problems by posting a lot recently.  But what is the problem? If you don't
want to read an email, don't read it.  If you do, do.  I get my list mails
sorted into a big long list showing author and datestamp, nothing
sophisticatted. If I see an email I feel like reading I read it.  I ignore
*all* the others because life's too short.