[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-L needs dailing posting limits

Karl A. Krueger kkrueger at whoi.edu
Tue Feb 22 21:00:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 11:32:11AM -0800, Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Fred Bauder wrote:
> >A digest contains ALL the crap. It is much easier to identify and delete
> >spam based on author. However spam of the volume we are receiving degrades
> >the dialog. So the topic itself must serve as a rough guide to theads which
> >have become senseless and useless.
> >
> That, and if you want to reply to one item in the thread it's more
> complicated than a simple reply.

Many mail clients make it easier if you set the digest to MIME mode
rather than plain text.  You can do this in your user preferences on the
mailing list info page.

(For instance, I read mail in mutt.  Plain-text digests are as annoying
as ever, but with a MIME digest I can respond to a single message from
the digest, exactly as if it had been delivered as a separate message.
It's as easy as saving an attachment to a file.)

--
Karl A. Krueger <kkrueger at whoi.edu>