[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-L needs dailing posting limits

Viajero viajero at quilombo.nl
Tue Feb 22 16:59:11 UTC 2005

and Zoney wrote:

> Using an email system that groups messages by thread is very helpful.

Neither digests nor fancy mailers solve the issue of overposting.
Besides, digests cause other problems. I use Thunderbird, which is very
proficient at sorting messages by thread, even when the subject is
changed. But the sorting system fails when people who subscribe to the
digest version post a reply by replying the digest message or by
starting a new message.

In short, there is no quick & easy tech fix (AFAIK, Mailman, the program
this list uses, does not support daily quotas). If overposting continues
to be a problem, some kind of voluntary agreement, like the three revert
rule, may be the only solution.

V.