[WikiEN-l] Blocking Nazis is not about blocking for mere insults

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Sun Feb 20 20:29:01 UTC 2005

Robert stated for the record:

> We can be an
> encyclopedia where hatemongers are not welcome, working to
> create a peer-reviewed NPOV open-source encyclopedia.  Or
> we can allow those people Zero continually defends to
> destroy our own work, and make us a laughing stock in the
> eyes of the rest of the world.
>
> The choice is clear.
>

> Robert (RK)

You are absolutely right.  The choice is clear.  Freedom of speech,
especially of speech we find hateful, is infinitely more important than
sanctimonious attempts to create a controlled "classroom" environment.

--
  Sean Barrett     | Modern art is what happens when painters stop
  sean at epoptic.com | looking at girls and persuade themselves