[WikiEN-l] Clarification of ArbCom rulings (was Everyking again)

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sun Feb 20 12:06:16 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway (minorityreport at bluebottle.com) [050220 21:46]:

> I think the recent incidents involving Everyking's reverts on
> [[History_of_SNL:2000-2010]] and [[October 24]] suggest that we need a
> mechanism whereby we can ask ArbCom to clarify its rulings.  There is
> debate on this on
> [[Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Everyking_Reverting_Again]],
> but as far as I can see no current member of ArbCom has commented yet.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Everyking_Reverting_Again
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_SNL:2000-2010
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_24

I'd think that given the ambiguity, it would be unfair to penalise
Everyking in this instance. However, I'd think it'd be a fair enough
question, given I think we *meant* something like that. (This sort of thing
is why AC rulings increasingly bristle with subclauses of "NO, AND NOT THAT
EITHER."). You might want to write up a request on WP:RFAr for a clarifying
vote.

- d.