[WikiEN-l] Clarification of ArbCom rulings (was Everyking again)

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Sun Feb 20 10:46:00 UTC 2005

I think the recent incidents involving Everyking's reverts on
[[History_of_SNL:2000-2010]] and [[October 24]] suggest that we need a
mechanism whereby we can ask ArbCom to clarify its rulings.  There is
debate on this on
[[Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Everyking_Reverting_Again]],
but as far as I can see no current member of ArbCom has commented yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Everyking_Reverting_Again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_SNL:2000-2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_24

Everyking and Jquk are right to say that the articles in question are not
directly related to Ashlee Simpson, but as the passages he is reverting
are those that pertain directly to Ashlee Simpson (some kind of
embarrassing incident on an American TV program involving a backing
track), it appears to me that Luigi30, Carnildo, Calton, Rhobite, silsor,
RickK have a point.
I think that, as Calton has suggested, the point needs clarification, but
I know of no specific forum where this kind of request, requiring a
response from ArbCom, would be appropriate.
Might I suggest that a page be created where ArbCom can be petitioned for
clarification by two or more users in dispute over an ArbCom ruling
pertaining directly to one of them?  They would have to demonstrate a
substantive ambiguity in interpretation that requires clarification.