[WikiEN-l] One reason why Wikipedia is not presently classroom-safe

Nicholas Knight nknight at runawaynet.com
Sun Feb 20 10:45:20 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> Nicholas Knight said:
>

>>You're avoiding addressing the issue that YOU are responsible for
>>bringing up.
>

> At this point, having warned you enough, I will just have to ignore you.

You could have saved a lot of time if you'd just shown me where to
click. You keep saying everyone can use one click to show an image, but
I can find no evidence of that.

> I have truthfully described the capabilities of IE and Firefox.  That is
> sufficient for this list, which is not a forum for browser tutorials.

I can find no evidence that your description of Firefox's capabilities
is not flat-out wrong, and you are declining to provide any evidence
whatsoever, inviting people simply to take your word for it.

If you're going to cite the capabilities of a browser as a reason not to
do something with regards to Wikipedia, you need to show us those
capabilities in fact exist.

> Your recent emails are insulting, off-topic and clearly calculated falsely
> to imply that I have been untruthful.

Insulting? Off-topic? You're the one telling me I don't know how to use
my browser, and you're the one that alleges the browser has capabilities
that are better than server-side filtering. If you're not prepared to
demonstrate these capabilities, why did you bring it up in the first place?