[WikiEN-l] One reason why Wikipedia is not presently classroom-safe

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Sat Feb 19 20:56:17 UTC 2005

Rick said:

> And people say the slippery slope argument is a
> fallacy.  Now that it appears that we've bowdlerized
> the autofellatio article, it's fair game to go after
> every other article with a sexual content?

I chose it because there's a pretty good argument for deletion under
"Wikipedia is not a dictionary" and little likelihood of the article being
expanded beyond what it is now (unless the donkey punch becomes an actual
act rather than just a Howard Stern-type joke) but also because if the
editors felt that this article was beyond the pale they'd go for deletion.
 Very few did.
Of course its presence also illustrates that we're not classroom safe or
childsafe.  Not by a long way.
This is not a problem for me, but it may be a problem for Wikipedia.