[WikiEN-l] Re: Desysoping

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 11:51:46 UTC 2005

Theresa Knott a écrit:

> The reasoning behind this is so that an admin cannot use their powers
> to win against an anon admin when they are in a revert war. This is
> not the case here. Although it would have probably been wiser for
> TBSDY to ask another admin to block SS-88 for making the above threat
> I cannot see how it could have been considered an abuse of admin
> powers.
>

> Theresa

Non making any comment on whether the person should be unsysoped or not
unsysoped, I think that as soon as editors question the action of a
sysop or not, it is worth listening and considering.

That means there must be a clear process where editors can put their
complaint against a sysop and express their wish that this editor is
removed from sysophood. It is important that if there is no more trust
from a sizeable number of editors, sysophood is removed.

I wonder if the simplest thing is not that as soon as a sizeable number
of people doubt that a person should stay a sysop, the process could be
simply that these users should be reconfirmed in their sysop status.

Make it a vote just of the same type of the vote to become of sysop. If
a reasonable number of support is obtained the person stay a sysop, if
not, removed.

The only thing you need to do is that the initial request is made by a
trusted person, to avoid trolling.

There is an easy way to do this : have it a requirement that listing the
person on the admin/deadmin list be made  by a sysop himself.

Ant