[WikiEN-l] Reply to Tony, David, and Christiaan

Bill Konrad bkonrad123 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 17 14:21:48 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> Bill Konrad said:
>> I do not understand how you
>> can  maintain that all editors would have to bowlderize all of their
>> edits when  for more than 99% of the articles there is no consideration
>> whatsoever of  bowlderization being an issue.
>
> Well there you go.  Who said that it wouldn't be an issue in all edits,
> for all editors?

I do for one. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single article that
I've contributed to in a significant way that would likely ever need any
sort of bowlderization to meet any reasonable sort of acceptability (not
some hypothetical extreme form of censorship).

> Suppose we had a rule saying "no use of the word 'sparrow'".

Now you're just being even more exagerratedly silly.

Bkonrad