[WikiEN-l] Shock sites (was Naughty/violent pictures)

Arno M redgum46 at lycos.com
Thu Feb 17 05:50:41 UTC 2005

"I agree that we shouldn't be displaying links to the beheadings [of Nick erg].
We've done it in around six articles. One of the websites we give the URL
for (though not as a live link) is the ogrish site, which also shows
young women having sex with horses. The fact that we have to crawl
into the gutter to find these videos ought to tell us something. I
wish we'd show more maturity as a community when it comes to stuff
like this.

Sarah"

I agree with slimvirgin - the page referred to,
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shock_sites), is also a disgrace.

At least its existance is being debated here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_shock_sites/delete

I am not against the idea of a shock sites article, but providing
samples and links is ridiculous.