[WikiEN-l] The Censorship Lie

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Wed Feb 16 21:11:06 UTC 2005

JAY JG said:

>>From: "Tony Sidaway" <minorityreport at bluebottle.com>
>
>>Zoney said:
>> >
>> > re: Vandalism. Yes that's not our fault.
>>
>>Yes it is.  We let *anybody* edit our site and we make no effort to
>>defer edits until they have been checked for suitability.  The result
>>is our responsibility.
>
> That's an odd argument.

Not at all.  We deliberately give absolute editorial control over the
contents of practically every one of the pages on our website.  We do not
take reasonable precautions to prevent inappropriate material appearing on
our servers.  If someone goes to look up Jesus Christ and gets a Linda
Lovelace picture instead, we will be held to blame.